Frequently asked questions
What is the participation fee and what does it include?
There are two options:
- Participaction fee package 1: 100€. This includes organisation of the conference, local transport, food during the conference (including the opening evening) → lunch, coffee, cake, fruits
- Participation fee package 2: 170€. This includes all services mentioned above plus: hostel accommodation with other participants from Wednesday to Saturday night (Check-in Wednesday afternoon, check-out Sunday morning)
- Not included in either option are: the transportation costs from the airport to the centre, dinner at most conference days (if the weather allows we might organise a BBQ), visa expenses
If I choose the option to stay at the SFM accommodation, where and how long will I stay?
- Meininger Hotel, Quai du Hainut / Henegouwenkaai 33, 1080 Brussels
- Check-in and check-out times to be announced
- Distance to the Campus: 5.5 km, ~22 minutes by public transport
I applied, WHEN WILL I HEAR BACK FROM YOU?
We will start to process the applications in early March. You will hear back from us around this time. SFM does not send out a confirmation e-mail after submission of your application. If you have any doubts about whether we received your application, don’t hesitate to send us an e-mail.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF THE APPLICATION FORM GIVES ME AN ERROR MESSAGE?
For some reason, the registration form is not working for some people. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having trouble applying, then we can arrange another way for you to apply!
Is there a shuttle service from/to the airport?
Unfortunately we cannot provide this service. However, from both airports you can easily reach the centre with public transport
- From Brussels airport by bus or train: http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/passngr/to_from_brussels_airport/
- From Charleroi airport: http://www.charleroi-airport.com/en/passengers/acces-and-parking/brussels-city-shuttle/index.html
Are there scholarship/funding possibilities?
We cannot offer funding. There might be scholarship/funding possibilities from your home country or university.
How can I get in contact with other participants?
We will send you an invitation to join a networking group on facebook as soon as we receive your enrolment form.
What does a typical conference day look like?
The working groups normally meet at 9am at the UM campus. Depending on the day, the official programme finishes between 5pm or 6pm. The team organises an optional evening programme. This is a sample schedule from last year http://student-forum.eu/schedule/#all
When does the conference start/end officially?
The conference is launched with the opening evening on Wednesday the 13th April 2016.On Sunday the 17th April 2016 the conference ends after the presentation of the working groups’ results which takes place in the morning.
Do you have any further questions?
Do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com